Discover the world's finest cocktails, made by the world's best bartendersregister
ABOUT THE WORLD CLASS CLUB
Each month we showcase one of the most talented mixologists in the world. They will tell us about their favourite cocktail, and share their inside knowledge and recommendations on the most spectacular bars from around the globe.
DIEGO BARCELLOS DE CARVALHOS’ MOOREA VOLCANO
Inspired by an island paradise, Moorea Volcano balances the sweet and citrus notes of Don Julio with the fresh lemon juice and sugar found in homemade coriander syrup. The addition of Brazilian dragon fruit and papaya give the cocktail an exotic edge, while the lemongrass garnish delivers the perfect kick of extra freshness.
Moorea Volcano was created by Diego Barcellos de Carvalho for the WORLD CLASS 50.
- 1.71.7 oz Don Julio Blanco
- 1.71.7 oz dragon fruit (also known as pitaya) and papaya purée
- 11 oz homemade coriander seed syrup
- 0.70.7 oz lemon juice
- 33 dashes Angostura bitters
- Contains 0.7oz of alcohol per serve.
How to Mix
- Pour the lemon juice into a shaker.
- Add the coriander seed syrup. (To make: macerate 100g of coriander seeds in 17oz of hot water for 5 minutes. Filter the mixture to eliminate any solid residues and then add 250g of sugar, mixing well to dissolve.)
- Add the Don Julio, Angostura bitters and dragon fruit and papaya purée.
- Shake with a generous helping of ice.
- Double strain into a tall glass.
- Garnish with lemongrass and papaya.